Wireless Access

New Contributor

Need help to console in and reset 2400 Controller

I found an old 2400 Controller buried in a box in a data center.  Can someone tell me how to console in and reset everything so I can access the GUI and possibly play around with this to learn a thing or two?  If there is a thread with this question answered, please let me know.  Novice level experience with wireless.  Thank you in advance.

Highlighted

Re: Need help to console in and reset 2400 Controller

If you have a serial console cable, you probably will need to start with a password recovery: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Password-Recovery/td-p/13220

If you have access again via de console, run a 'show license verbose' and store the output of the licenses. Then you can do a 'write erase', to clear the configuration and get started from scratch, or a 'write erase all' that fully factory defaults the box and you will need to add licenses again.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Aruba Employee

In addition to Herman's response, anticipate that this controller will have some pretty old code, and is not likely to support the current model APs.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
New Contributor

This worked perfectly.  Thank you.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: