Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Need help with AP-150 Reprovisiong

I have one AP-105 that I am trying to reprovision from network which is DMZ network.

we have allowed all traffic between controller and AP to pass.

But still somehow AP is not able to communicate with controller.

AP is getting IP . Also I am able to ping 8.8.8.8 from AP.

PLease help .

Thanks

Aruba

Re: Need help with AP-150 Reprovisiong

SInce you mention being able to ping 8.8.8.8, I assume you are using that for DNS on this AP?   If this is the case, two of the three controller discovery methods will fail; ADP (Layer 2 broadcast) and DNS (lookup of aruba-master.domainname.com).   The third option would be to apply DHCP option 43; have you done this?  Is the AP getting an IP from DHCP?  If so, have a look at the "Ensure APs Can Connect to the Controller" section of the user guide; page 121 in the 6.1 guide.   Page 122 and Appendix A covers the DHCP portion.

Alternatively, you can provision the AP within the LAN side of the network and provide the IP of the controller in the Master Discovery section of the provisioning page.  Enter it under the Host Controller IP Address and Master Controler IPAddress fields.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Retired Employee

Re: Need help with AP-150 Reprovisiong

Can you ping the AP from the controller? Run the command "show datapath session table <ap-ip-address>" and check if you see any sessions from that IP address.
--
HT
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: