Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Need help with AP 93

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Need help with AP 93

Posted Jan 02, 2013 03:14 AM
      |   view attached

after i provision the access point its goes to air monitor but i did check in the RF management of default police which applied to AP it is selected as AP mode.

can some body help me in to this please

Also this AP is connected to controller directly :(

• 2.  RE: Need help with AP 93

Posted Jan 02, 2013 05:45 AM

I hope i answered you in previous thread. 

If possible please send us the ap-techsupport and controller tech-support

• 3.  RE: Need help with AP 93

Posted Jan 02, 2013 11:20 AM

Guess you are provisioning with the correct ap group which got the ap mode...

Does this happen just with one specific AP? or with all APs?

If its just with one AP try:

If you got access to the AP console you can start from zero with taht AP

doing

clear os

purgeenv

saveenv

reset

That will bring the AP with factory default and also the firmware that it came from teh box... here you will be doing the ap installation from zero..

• 4.  RE: Need help with AP 93

Posted Feb 07, 2013 09:37 PM

I just ran into this problem haha!

i was doing an upgrade for a client just now from 6.1.2.8 to 6.1.3.6

After that all the AP 93 went to air monitor... even if the rf profile said that they should be on ap mode,  they got over 40 105s which they were all good.

I reviwed the config which there was nothing wrong witht it...

I then downgraded it to 6.1.3.5 and everything looks good....

Do you happen to have 6.1.3.6?

Im not on the site as its really far away from here and actually i cannot even console the APS to see if i get any clue of it.... But that looks more like a bug.

Ill use my demos Wireless controller on the office to look at this problem and if keep happening the same ill open a support case.... to see if this is a bug.

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: Need help with AP 93

Posted Feb 10, 2013 10:35 AM

I havent have time to see this on a demo equipment as we got the spare want lend it to a client...

But i saw on the lab one we got in the office which i previusly i had on 6.1.3.6 which have a 2 AP93 i was checking if it was working that they connected to the controller with the default  profile and they are registered as air monitor...

It looks to me that its a bug... of the 6.1.3.6  ill open a support ticket to check be right back with the answer.

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: Need help with AP 93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2013 03:38 PM

It might be an error depending on what country code you are provisioning them for.

Type show ap database to see why they may be in monitor mode.  

• 7.  RE: Need help with AP 93

Posted Feb 10, 2013 03:44 PM
    i cannot see it rigt now as ill have to recreate it... and the other wireless controller we lend it to a clie t for a demo.... i stilll opened a case to see what the tac says

• 8.  RE: Need help with AP 93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2013 04:01 PM

The tech-support after you upgraded would help.

• 9.  RE: Need help with AP 93

Posted Feb 10, 2013 04:12 PM
    well i upgraded it from 6.1.2.8 to 6.1.3.6 then i had to downgrade it to 6.1.3.5... i do t know if the techsupport still helps? the thing is that i dont have remote access to that client wireless controller.... i will have to wait for the controller that we lend to a client come back so i can try it...