Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

Posted Sep 21, 2016 01:43 PM
      |   view attached

I’m trying to obtain information on which Aruba IAP model I should purchase in order connect to an existing Aruba wireless environment extending connectivity to a roaming cart with PC’s that do not have wireless capabilities. This roaming cart will need to have send and receive capabilities from the corporate network through our wireless network.  I would like instructions on how to bridge the Ethernet side of the IAP and connect as a client via the wireless uplink. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    IAPclientBridge.pdf   123 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2016 01:55 PM
    Take a look at the HPE 501 client bridge.

• 3.  RE: Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

Posted Sep 21, 2016 03:26 PM

Thanks for the information, I will see if it will be allowed on our network. Do you happen to know of an Aruba IAP that might work as well. My company has a strict hardware policy for network attached devices.

• 4.  RE: Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2016 04:12 PM
    11n IAPs will work with WiFi uplink.

• 5.  RE: Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

Posted Sep 21, 2016 06:36 PM

Thank you Sir I think I will try an IAP 103. This should allow Wireless uplink client connectivity and then allow my Ethernet network to bridge to the corporate network.