Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

Posted Oct 29, 2017 08:36 PM

Hi All!

I am new to aruba so please excuse the questions. I have a network with a 7010 controller. Currently, this network has a few 315, ~15 with 15 licenses. We purchased 15 325 instant. However, I am unable to get the controller to see the 325 instant. They are on the subnet and vlan, I even connected the AP directly to the controller with no luck. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

• 3.  RE: Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

Posted Oct 29, 2017 08:51 PM
    Hi CJoseph!

Thanks your quick reply. I have not tried that guide. So does this mean I need to connect to the AP via the instant SSID and then follow the guidelines you provided? Any other tips or pointers you can provide that. Might run into?

• 4.  RE: Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2017 08:54 PM

Beyond that, it is like adding a campus AP.  Just make sure you are running the minimum version of ArubaOS on the controller for those AP 325s:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP320Series.pdf

• 5.  RE: Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

Posted Oct 29, 2017 09:04 PM
    Hi CJospeh,

Ok I will go ahead and try that! I will connect to the instant SSID and convert it to campus AP. I will double check the OS version. Also do you have a link to adding AP to controller? My understanding is that it's done via configuration -> AP installation, but I did not see an option where I could add by IP etc. I just want to make sure I learn and do it right.

Thank again!

• 6.  RE: Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

• 7.  RE: Need to add Aruba 325 to Aruba 7010 Controller

Posted Oct 30, 2017 04:37 AM

Did you convert iAP to CAP?

In this process, AP will notice message popup to show the process. When you see downloading firmware from the controller I think this process is fine. Then you go to monitor at the controller.

In the controller, you can refresh on dashboard to see AP up/down first to verify that AP joining or not.