Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  New AP 103H

Posted May 13, 2014 10:27 PM

Well this are good news...

I just saw on the online configurator a 103H AP.

And i need to know an info as soon as possible... as im quoting with 93h in a big project.. right now...

does it comes with 4 ports and also with the passthough port????

It is the same as the 93H but the only thing that change is that this one is a dual band dual radio????

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted May 15, 2014 08:51 AM
    103H, nice. that's going to make schools very happy

• 3.  RE: New AP 103H
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2014 05:45 PM

The AP-103H is initially available in China only, but starting July it will become gradually available elsewhere as well.

It's a low-cost dual radio hospitality AP, with two 10/100 local ports and an RJ45 pass-through port.

This AP can support a maximum of 32 associated clients. No TPM and no Instant SW support.

More info will be shared publicly in June.

/Onno Harms, Aruba PLM

• 4.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted May 15, 2014 06:03 PM

It will be available in china in july? or it wil be available in july for the rest of the world?

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted May 15, 2014 08:19 PM

What is TMP??

No instant version... thats a shame... haha  it would have been really good in price to offer a instant cluster of ap 103H  i don tthink anyone could compete that... oh well...

• 6.  RE: New AP 103H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2014 08:23 PM
    TPM is trusted platform module. It's a unique credential for encryption.

• 7.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted May 15, 2014 08:30 PM

well idont think  threre should not be any issue if you are just using it for guest access...

I actually see that all other Aruba APS got this featue..

When you would bealive this is a must? in what situation guys you would think the TPM module is a must.

Cheers

Carlos

• 8.  RE: New AP 103H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 01:14 AM

@NightShade1 wrote:
    When you would bealive this is a must? in what situation guys you would think the TPM module is a must.

Carlos,

TPM is used to save the device cert, so it's used for CPSEC and certificate based RAP..

regards

-jeff

• 9.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted May 16, 2014 01:17 AM

Hello Jeff

Doesnt normal campus AP use certs as well when you got cpsec on?if so then how it will work in an enviroment using cpsec on for campus APS?

Sorry im confused but i do want to understand :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 10.  RE: New AP 103H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 01:19 AM

Editing my answer on this... i forgot the non TPM aps (say AP70) can still play CPSEC and RAP, just an extra step - so that lack of TPM shouldnt drop the functionality. Just means has to come up as CAP first before convert to RAP.

regards

-jeff

• 11.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted May 16, 2014 01:51 AM

Thanks!! :)

Besides that are there any other thing we migh need to know?

Security risk or other things like it?

Cheers

Carlos

• 12.  RE: New AP 103H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 01:58 AM

i dont believe so - those functions like ipsec RAP still exist, just means the AP103H will behave like RAP2/AP70 and other older non-TPM based APs.

regards,

-jeff

• 13.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted Aug 07, 2014 07:34 PM

Are these supposed to support image preload?  Because the controller is letting us try with them, but they just sit their failing, and I don't know whether to file a ticket for them failing, or to file one for the controller allowing them to be selected for preload.

• 14.  RE: New AP 103H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2014 09:34 PM

Please open a TAC case and report back to the thread.

• 15.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted Jan 29, 2015 02:19 PM

Hello Jeff,

I know this is an old post.

But I am trying to turn AP103H to RAP.

Could you share steps?

I have a Case open for the past week. 

It seems Tech is not aware of this extra step for AP-103

Case Number 1635620

Thank you.

• 16.  RE: New AP 103H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2015 06:05 PM

hi Behzad,

I see Michael Landry emailed you directly about this, did the steps he mentioned solve the issue ? Let us know over in that email thread.

regards

-jeff

• 17.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted Aug 18, 2016 04:14 PM

I have the same problem with an AP 103H.

I have an IAP 205 already working as a RAP but I cant make it work with 103H, even with the ARUBA TAC, we have been working for around 8 hours so far and nothin.

Please explain this extra step with the AP 103H.

Best Regards

Luis Regis

• 18.  RE: New AP 103H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2016 07:48 AM

Please continue to work with Aruba TAC because that is your best option at this point.

• 19.  RE: New AP 103H

Posted Aug 01, 2014 10:35 PM

We've just received a shipment of 103Hs, they're much smaller than the 93H, and there are only 2 interfaces on them and one additional pass through.  We just installed them over the past few days and just got them up and running an hour or so ago, after some problems with Regulatory Domain codes on the controllers and some TAC / Engineering help, they're up and running. and have a few student devices assocaited to them.