Wireless Access

Contributor I

New APs not gettting an IP address

Hi,

We are trying to install several new AP-103s and 93s but our 3600 master controller isn't seeing the new APs. When we check our DHCP server they do show up there with the correct IPs there. We think this issue could be from a few months ago but we put it down to the incompiability of our ArubaOS at the time. The exisitng ones are working fine and we have plentty of licences. We are now on 6.4.2.2 from 6.3.1.8. We don't have any Aruba person in house so any suggestions will have to be somewhat simplified :)  Thanks in advance.

John.

;0

Guru Elite

Re: New APs not gettting an IP address

Do you have either DHCP option 43 or the aruba-master dns name configured? 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

JFTS,

Are you sure that you don't have IAP-93s or IAP-103s?

IAPs would have to be converted first  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-convert-a-whole-IAP-cluster-as-Campus-APs/ta-p/215053

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi guys,

Thank you for your suggestions. We have a DNS enrty for aruba-master and it does resolve the correct IP. We wouldn't have touched our switches or DHCP server since the controllers were put in. So whatever is set on them hasn't changed. As for them being IAPs, I've tried to install a re-setted 93 that was working but it doesn't show up but it gets an IP. Could it be some strange firewall issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MVP

Can you please run show log system and see if it shows any errors indicating why the APs can join , also check the boot process through the AP console
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor I

Hi Tim,

When I type "enable" after SSHing into the controller, it looks for another password, one we don't have by the looks of it. I see that under "wizards" I can set the password, but I don't want to do that in case it makes things worse. Is it just a matter of changing it there?

Guru Elite

JFTS,

If this is important you should try calling TAC, because you have some fundamental issues and if we guess wrong here, it could ruin your network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi,

The solution was "easy" once we had eliminated any DNS/DHCP issues. We hadn't set the default gateway on the DHCP scope for those IPs. I can only presume the aruba-master DNS enrty/requirement came with some upgrade last year as we didn't have any DG set on that scope before. Anyway, all is working fine now. Many thanks for your input.

Valued Contributor II

Hi,

You can bypass the enable password by running " (config) # enable bypass "

Hope you will get rid off enable password :)

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: