Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

New local controller, DHCP request issue

Just setup a local controller.  I moved one ap to it to test.  I am seeing DHCP reqeusts timeout.  I have a DHCP helper address pointing to our central DHCP server.  I did a packet capture and see the discover/reqeust but it times out.  Once it times out then the request is offered by the local controller with ip info from the central DHCP server.

I do not have this issue on the master controller.

Ideas?

Guru Elite

Re: New local controller, DHCP request issue

joshb wrote:

Just setup a local controller.  I moved one ap to it to test.  I am seeing DHCP reqeusts timeout.  I have a DHCP helper address pointing to our central DHCP server.  I did a packet capture and see the discover/reqeust but it times out.  Once it times out then the request is offered by the local controller with ip info from the central DHCP server.

I do not have this issue on the master controller.

Ideas?

Joshb,

Do you mean that the AP does not get an ip address?  What is the default gateway of that network that the AP is on?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

The problem is not with the AP, it gets a dhcp address just fine.  I am having issues with the clients that are assoc'd, reguardless of ESSID.  I forced the AP to connect to the Master and the client gets an address in less than 4sec, on the local it takes upwards of 2 min.

New Contributor

Why is it that everytime I find a post that is close to the problem I am having on here the post ends.  There is never a solution.

Guru Elite

That is nature's way of saying that you should post your own question, so it can get answered....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: