Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

New tool for (semi) automatic campus AP provisioning

Hey all,

I just wanted to share a simple Perl tool I threw together.  It's designed to take a list of APs from a CSV file, and throw whitelist and provisioning commands at a controller, saving a whole pile of copy/paste between spreasheets and terminals.  Just create the file, launch the script, and take a leisurly lunch while your APs are automatically provisioned!

Please feel free to send me any comments or feature requests.

https://github.com/fsweetser/aruba-autoprov

Thanks!

Super Contributor I

Re: New tool for (semi) automatic campus AP provisioning

Thanks for this.  A bit too late for us, unfortunately, since we just finished provisioning the last large batch of APs today, but we had cobbled something similar together.

My primary suggestion would be to prompt for pass/enpass if not provided, so it isn't passed via the CLI.  Also to not require an enable password, since "enable-bypass" may be configured.

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks, those are definitely good suggestions!  I should be able to have them integrated in the next couple of days.

Aruba

Nice work!  

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Frequent Contributor I

How do I run the pearl script again the file and controller?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor I

You'll need to run this from a Linux system (it *might* be possible using perl on windows, but I haven't tried it at all, and suspect some of the modules may be non-trivial to get working).

First, create a CSV file containing your  MAC addresses, AP names, and profiles to assign.  Take a look at the sample waps.csv from the git repo.  I highly reccomend you only start off with one or two to make sure it works for your setup first.

Now you can just run the script, passing it at least your controller name.  You can override the defaults for the CSV name and username, and you will be prompted for passwords if you don't provide one.  Just run the script with --help to see all of the available options.

Regular Contributor I

Frank,

This is extremely helpful. I'm in the process of adding needed perl mods to try to get this working.

We're swapping old APs with new and this is what I want to use the script for. The AP-Names will be the same. Is it possible to tweak the script so that it looks for and deletes the existing "status Down" AP with the same AP-Name before provisioning? Given that we can't have two APs with teh same name doing this is a critical step.

Thanks,

Mike

Contributor I

nice sharing.. but i do not have control-plane enabled in my infra.. how do i bypass it?

thanks

Regular Contributor I

Same here. I don't use control-plane security. Frank, while I could troll thorugh the script to remark the CPS sections would it possible to include a version with this removed?

Thanks for your work on this.

Mike

Contributor I

BUMP ..

tested.. it doesn't work for me.. stuck at checking provisioning status.. any idea please?

ScreenHunter_400 Apr. 21 17.47.jpg

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: