Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

No DHCP addresses provided to clients on a vlan where controller is DHCP server

Hi All, Running into something that shouldnt be difficult normally... I'm trying to get clients to connect to an open ssid and get an IP address. 1. VLAN is created on controller (50) 2. dhcp is enabled on controller, pool configured (10.10.50.0/24), excluded controller vlan ip and gateway (10.10.50.250, 10.10.50.254) 3. controller has IP on the vlan that matches the subnet of dhcp. (10.10.50.250) 4. AP is broadcasting SSID 5. vap has the correct vlan selected (50) No clients (iPad, Windows, Android) can get ip. I get nothing under "show user-table verbose" other than the AP. I enabled dhcp debug "logging level debugging network subcat dhcp", but there are no entries when entering "show log network 100". I feel like I'm missing something simple. N
Guru Elite

Re: No DHCP addresses provided to clients on a vlan where controller is DHCP server

What kind of SSID is it?

What is the initial role for that user and what ACLs are assigned to that role?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Re: No DHCP addresses provided to clients on a vlan where controller is DHCP server

Initial role is: Name Firewall Policies Bandwidth Contract Actions default-iap-user-role allowall/ The vap is forward mode tunnel.
Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Type "show station-table" to see what role the user gets.  The user will not be in the user table unless it gets an ip address..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

doh right. Here is the station-table Station Entry ------------- MAC Name Role Age(d:h:m) Auth AP name Essid Phy Remote Profile ------------ ------ ---- ---------- ---- ------- ----- --- ------ ------- 64:80:98:c8:f5:65 default-iap-user-role 00:00:00 No AP305-Test Test a-VHT No Test-aaa_prof
Guru Elite

Are you using encryption?

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor I

Not for SSID, it is currently open. I had WPA2 PSK before but removed it for simplicity.
Guru Elite

Give your client a static ip address and see if it works.

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor I

Client has no network communication. I can only ping myself. Controller cannot ping static client ip. Core switch cannot ping static client. Core can ping controller ip on the vlan that the static client is on.
Guru Elite

You should try using the WLAN wizard to configure your WLAN if you have not done so already.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: