Wireless Access

Contributor I

No IP addresses for Wireless client associated on Mesh points.

Hello Experts,

I have a Mesh setup as briefed here: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Mesh-portals-and-Mesh-points-configured-in-different-AP-groups/m-p/287479

I am facing an issue that the Wireless clients that are authenticated on Mesh points does not reflect any IP address and yet I see the speed, Goodput and Retried frames graph for these clients, PFA.

Is it possible to have these parameters: Speed, Goodput and Retried frames reflected on controller when the client has not even acquired an IP?

Or is it a case that the clients have acquired an IP but are not reflected on controllerr?

These SSIDs are in bridge mode.

Guru Elite

Re: No IP addresses for Wireless client associated on Mesh points.

Clients are required to have an ip address and mac address for them to be in the user table and have full statistics collected for them.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi Joseph,

Is it possible to have these parameters like(as is shown in attachment): Speed, Goodput and Retried frames reflected on controller for a client (Dashboard --> clients) even without client acquiring an IP address?

Thanks

Guru Elite

You need to figure out why it is not getting an ip address first, unfortunately.  Many tools used to troubleshoot clients are not going to work if the client does not have an ip address.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

This issue is specific to bridge mode SSIDs. Even though the client IP address is not reflected on the controller, but in actual it does has an IP and able to put its traffic over the network.

Appears a limitation in Aruba code, that the clients in bridge mode and connected on to Mesh points will not have their IPs reflected on controller.

For the clients that are in tunnel mode and connected on to the Mesh points, have their IPs reflected on to the controller.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: