Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

Posted Jun 05, 2017 12:20 PM

Hi;

After upgrade my Airwave from version 8.2.3.1 to 8.2.4 I loss the web interface.
    I still can access via SSH to the new AMPCLI, but I cannot access the web "Unable to connect".

Does it have any specific port without automatic redirect?

BR,

Tomaz.

• 2.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 05:59 AM

I would request you to open a TAC case. It can be any of the below,

* Hard disk filled up

* issue with DB starting

Was the upgrade successfull? Did you notice anything on screen during upgrade.

From 8.2.4 since the CLI is locked, i would request you to involve TAC so that they can help you with the troubleshooting part.

• 3.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

Posted Jun 06, 2017 01:35 PM

Hi again;

I already opened a case through my partner (Plexus) the problem is I cannot upload the "support_connection.tar" file for remote support. I'm getting the error:

scp: support_connection.tar: Permission denied.
    Error transferring file from 192.168.2.78: scp failed: child exited with code 1

I don't think it was a good option to lock completly the linux CLI. Now he are having these bunch of problems, special in a minor release 8.2.3.1 => 8.2.4.
    Aruba should revert that decision asap.

Because of this I can't access Airwave since Sunday night.

BR,

Tomaz.

• 4.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 01:38 PM

Tomaz,

How are we trying to transfer the file? Is it using a MAC/Unix or a Windows?

Could you share the support case number as well.

• 5.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

Posted Jun 06, 2017 02:45 PM

Unfortunatelly I don't have the case number as it was opened by the partner.

I already used 2 different windows programs:

Solarwinds and Bitvise.

But I don't know if the problem is on the PC or on Airwave server writing permission.

BR,

Tomaz.

• 6.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

Posted Jun 06, 2017 02:46 PM

I'm suffering from the same problem. This is becoming a clumsy update, there isn't any backdoor for support access?

• 7.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 02:48 PM

Do you have another unix/linux or a MAC which you could use? Windows currently dont have an inbuilt scp and currently we support only scp for the file transfer. 

Could you try using a MAC or a unix/linux box to scp the file?

• 8.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2017 09:09 AM

Vishnu, it worked with Linux!

Anyway it's not acceptable you need a Linux (or Apple) machine to do that.

Please seriously consider to revert linux cli shell.

BR,

Tomaz.

• 9.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2017 09:13 AM

Tomaz,

Good to know that it worked. Yes, i understand the pain here. Engineering is already working to get alternative options for this upload.

• 10.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:47 AM

What did you use?

I´ve tried an OpenSSH server on Ubunto 17.04. Not working.

All other problems are like yours with Child object code 1.

Got a case with TAC, but their server gave me the same error (lol).

This is the worse release ever. And I also lost GUI access when trying the reset password function. That removes the original password but doesn´t set it to admin.

Best Airwave week ever!

• 11.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

Posted Jul 14, 2017 04:26 AM

No specific port.  First upgrade i tried got the same problem.  No web access altough upgrade went fine.

Today i tried the upgrade again.  And now i had web access.  But... painfully slow...  After about 15 mins i started seeing on the console out of memory messages for httpd processes.  System has been running with 8 Gbyte of RAM for years without any issue...

I restored a snapshot.  Will skip this version...

• 12.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 11:09 AM

pnobels, your AirWave server is running with 8G of RAM? How many devices?

• 13.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

Posted Jul 20, 2017 05:57 AM

So i upgraded to 8.2.3.1.  And what do you know...  noticed also httpd complaining about shortage of memory.  So after verifying i noticed i had 4 GByte of RAM and 4 GByte of swap defined.  Clearly the 4 GByte of RAM did not suffice anymore...  Upgraded to 8 GByte and did no longer notice httpd errors.  Unfortunately 8.2.3.1 demonstrated failing visualrf behaviour.  So this morning upgraded back to 8.2.4.  Seems to work fine now.  Also visualrf functions back correctly.

Bottomline : upgrading from 4 to 8 Gbyte of RAM is the solution. Running with approx. 160 devices configured in Airwave.

• 14.  RE: No WEB Access after upgrade to AirWave 8.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2017 09:00 AM

4GB would have absolutely been too little. 8GB could actually still be too little depending on how you use the AMP(if you have lots of users per AP, heavy usage of VisualRF, etc). But 8GB is the bare minimum. You can also modify how much memory VisualRF uses in the VRF settings. If you are a heavy VRF user, upping the available RAM and assigning more to VRF will help.