Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Non-standard ports

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Non-standard ports

Posted May 20, 2013 06:24 AM
      |   view attached

I have noticed that AP105's configured as RAPs are communicating over non-standard ports. I understand that the device is receiving its code via TFTP but what is the reason for the communication on the additional ports (screenshot attached).

• 2.  RE: Non-standard ports

Posted May 20, 2013 09:12 AM

Is it the 172.31.200.82 the IP address of your controller ?

• 3.  RE: Non-standard ports

Posted May 20, 2013 09:23 AM

Yes, that is the controller address.

• 4.  RE: Non-standard ports

Posted May 20, 2013 11:24 AM

Everything is sent through the IPSec tunnel from the public IP address of your RAP to the public IP address of your controller

Firewall Ports
    RAPs connect to the controller on UDP port 4500 for establishing the IPsec connection.

Can you check the datapath session from the outer ip address of the RAP ?

Not sure if you should see the same ports (UDP/4500)  coming from the private IP address that the controller provides to the RAPs using the vpn pool

• 5.  RE: Non-standard ports

Posted May 22, 2013 03:01 AM

The attachment on the first post shows the datapath session from the outer IP address. I would have expected to see the standard ports such as 4500 however the questions is why the non-standard ports, not shown is communications to port 1036 on the controller.