Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

OS 6.4 General Availability

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OS 6.4 General Availability

Posted Oct 13, 2014 10:07 AM

Does anybody know when OS 6.4 will be General Availability?

• 2.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2014 10:08 AM

Most likely before the end of the year.

• 3.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 12:39 AM

hi

It is slated to be 6.4.2.3, which is *scheduled* for mid November - that means it is subject to change, but this is the latest I have heard from our QA department as of 5 hours ago

regards

-jeff

• 4.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

Posted Nov 26, 2014 07:58 AM

Any new update on this?

• 5.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2014 08:11 AM

it's still going to be 6.4.2.3, but expected release date has slipped to mid Decemeber at this point.

• 6.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

Posted Dec 10, 2014 08:14 PM

We were told today from TAC that 6.4.2.3 will be available this weekend.

• 7.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

MVP
    Posted Dec 19, 2014 10:45 AM

6.4.2.3 is still in the Early Deployment section. I'm assuming it's not ready for General?

• 8.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2014 06:02 PM

derbystar16,

If it is not in the General folder it has not been declared GA, correct.

• 9.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

MVP
    Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:38 AM

cjoseph,

Yes, I obviously understand that. What I'm getting at is whether or not it's been delayed. I was told it would be GA in November and now it's the end of December and we're still waiting.

• 10.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:43 AM
    Derbystar16,

The only way we know is if it is posted to that folder. If someone told you November, you should ask them about their discrepancy.

• 11.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:46 AM
    This code has been out for a while and has been stable. Unless you have a policy about using non-GA code, I don't see any reason to wait.

• 12.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:46 AM

My local Aruba engineer said it was released to GA canidate which was likely the last date you saw.  He said this takes about two weeks and if no major bugs are reported they will release to GA.

• 13.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:51 AM

Airwave 8.0.6.1 was released this past weekend.  Usually a good indication the Aruba AP OS is to follow shortly.

• 14.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2014 09:23 AM

soundguyami,

The ArubaOS GA status is not tied to Airwave status, so one should not have any material effect on another.  The number of users that have installed a version of OS without major issues also plays a part into declaring code GA.  These and other factors are the reason why it is so difficult to set a date and time for GA code.

There are some users that cannot upgrade unless a code is declared GA.  Those same users should load the 6.4.2.3 or the latest code in their labs to determine if that code works without incident in their environment ahead of it possibly being declared GA at some point in the future.  All users should also carefully review the release notes to ensure that there are no known issues that would prevent them from upgrading, or that existing issues that they have are fixed to their satisfaction.

• 15.  RE: OS 6.4 General Availability

Posted Dec 23, 2014 01:15 PM

6.4.2.3 is now tagged GA; and is available for download in the General Availability folder on the suppport site.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=16102