Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

OS upgradation

Hi Friends,

Currently one of our controller is running ArubaOS 3.3.2.20 (Digitally Signed - Production Build). can it be upgraded to latest Aruba OS? if yes please provide the procedures.

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Super Contributor II

Re: OS upgradation

Please controller 200

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
MVP

Re: OS upgrading

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I hope i understood your question..so here is the answer:

Controller of 200 can be upgrade , But up to version 5.X.

(You will not be able to install version 6.0.X or 6.1.X) - upgrading process via TFTP is recommended. (but there are also other methods)

TIP: flashbackup | and also save your config locally before doing an AOS upgrade.

Hope that clarify this issue for u.

Replay if u need more info.

For downloading a new version of ArubaOS - u should contact your partner or log into the Partner/Support site.

Me

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
MVP

Hello Syed,

kdisc98 already pointed you in the right direction, but thought I'd just add some more info for you.

This post has direct links to what you need.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Recent-AOS-Firmware-Releases/td-p/28966

5.0.4 isn't listed in ArubaOS Software Feature Matrix at all, but 200/800/1200 can support up to the latest 5.0.x as kdisc98 said. The release notes have detailed upgrade specifications for the upgrade from 3.3 to 5.0.x.

Just want to add my two cent to the already described upgrade procedure. Delete old logfiles and reboot the controller before loading the new image. Reason is that in my experience it's either not enough storage and/or memory to complete the process, and either you are lucky enough to just get an error message telling you whats wrong or the controller just hangs and you need to hard-reboot it..

Good luck!

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Super Contributor II

Thank you so much kdisc98 and jsolb. That is exactly what i was looing for....

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: