Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

Posted Oct 11, 2013 09:40 AM

On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed. There should be all the info of our other controllers, APs and SSID but all it's displaying is zeros. It's the same no matter what web browser I use.

Has anyone ever seen this or had a similar issue before? How did you fix it?

• 2.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

Posted Oct 11, 2013 09:49 AM

What AOS are you using ?

You probably have but can you confirm the AP count on that controller through the CLI ? show ap essid or show ap bssid

• 3.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

Posted Oct 11, 2013 10:04 AM

OS version is 6.1.3.7

Yes that works fine, it'sjust the GUI

• 4.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

Posted Oct 11, 2013 10:24 AM

You mentioned you tried using different browser, make you are using the supported browsers :

ArubaOS 6.1.3.8 Release Notes.pdf - Adobe Reader_2013-10-11_10-16-45.png

Try clearing the cache or using another device .

There's a lot of bug fixes in 6.1.3.8 and 6.1.3.8

• 5.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2013 10:34 AM

@dnulty wrote:

On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed. There should be all the info of our other controllers, APs and SSID but all it's displaying is zeros. It's the same no matter what web browser I use.

dnulty,

Did you enable WMS offload?

• 6.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

Posted Oct 11, 2013 10:44 AM

I've not changed anything, how do I check if it's on or not?

@cjoseph wrote:

@dnulty wrote:

dnulty,

Did you enable WMS offload?

• 7.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2013 10:50 AM

There should be no servers configured when you execute "show mobility managers".  It is not something you would just enable by accident.

(3600Controller) #show mobility-managers

No MMS Servers are configured

• 8.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

Posted Oct 11, 2013 10:58 AM

I've checked and none are configured.

• 9.  RE: On the GUI for our Master controller, on the Monitoring tab no data is being displayed.

Posted Oct 11, 2013 05:38 PM

Does this master controller terminate any APs, or is a dedicated master?  Run the following from the CLI to see if the local controllers are talking to the master to pass along the appropriate information.

show switches

show switches summary

Also, I know you already checked for mobility managers, but run the following to make sure the master is set for wms:

show wms general

Look for

wms-on-master     enable

Lastly, did anything change that you are aware of?  Upgrades?  Reboots?  Config changes?

show audit-trail