Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

OpenDNS support on Controllers

As i understand IAP support OpenDNS, where you can enrol the device as an umbrella appliance (username and password), therefore enforcing OpenDNS policies, regardless of endpoint DNS server set.

This is a great feature but i dont see this option on a controller level (ArubaOS). Is this possible?

Before people reply that you can set DHCP scope options to push out OpenDNS IPs, what i am talking about is different. Appliance level enforces policies and provides better reporting.

Aruba Employee

Re: OpenDNS support on Controllers

@!van wrote:

As i understand IAP support OpenDNS, where you can enrol the device as an umbrella appliance (username and password), therefore enforcing OpenDNS policies, regardless of endpoint DNS server set.

This is a great feature but i dont see this option on a controller level (ArubaOS). Is this possible?

Before people reply that you can set DHCP scope options to push out OpenDNS IPs, what i am talking about is different. Appliance level enforces policies and provides better reporting.

No, the controller platforms do now share the OpenDNS functionality that's present in Instant.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: