Wireless Access

Contributor II

Optimizing for Lync

I have a 650 controller running ArubaOS 6.1.3.9 and I am trying to optimize my environment for a soon comming Microsoft Lync deployment that will be used as our new phone and video conferencing service. I found Aruba's solution guide but I am having some issues finding somethings it is telling me to enable.  The two I am stuck on at the moment are:

- Enable Dynamic Multicast Optimization on the SSID

- Enable Band Steering for clients that associate to the SSID

I am sure I will have many more questions as I work through this guide but these seem to be what I am stuck on at this time. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is a link to the document I am working from: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/solutions/SG_DeployMicrosoftLync.pdf

Thanks,

Andy

Guru Elite

Re: Optimizing for Lync

[ Edited ]

If you click on the Virtual AP name in either AP Configuration or All Profiles, you should see those two options under the "Broadcast/Multicast" and "RF" sections.

broadcast-mc-vap.PNG

rf-vap.PNG

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor II

Wow. Dont know how i missed that. Thanks for the help!

Aruba

The guide mentions setting broadcast/multicast optomisations in the VAP and also mcast-rate-optomisation in the ssid profile, so you shouldn't tick the 'drop bc/mc'.

Band steering good to do though.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: