Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Outdoor AP compatibility with Aruba OS

Our environment hosts multiple local WLCs to paired master WLCs; all operating v6.5.1.4.  We are housing a new logistics facility, and plan to place 2-3 outdoor WAPs for wireless access in the semi cabs (while at dock).  

I originally spec'd AP 325s for indoor use, and AP 365s for the outdoor models.  I read that AP 325s require v6.5.2, however.  As the timeline is short, and v6.5.2 will require updating our enterprise, what is an equivalent/similar outdoor WAP that will operate on  

Re: Outdoor AP compatibility with Aruba OS

Have you taken a look at the AP270 series? The main difference is that these aren't 11ac Wave 2.

What about if you purchase the 360 series and configured as Instant, then when the upgrade is completed within your infrastructure convert them to be a controller managed AP?

If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Outdoor AP compatibility with Aruba OS

I appreciate the information; I've deployed the AP 275s and AP 277s at several of our facilities.  Given the timetable and desire to avoid one-off configurations, I will opt for the AP 2xx series of outdoor WAPs that operate on v6.5.1.4.  Thank you-

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: