Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Outdoor Point to Point Connection

i was checking about outdoor point tp point connection to connect 2 buildings using wireless  , distance is 1 Km

i Thought that MST200 will give a certain throupghput , while MSR1200 fro example will give higher ?  however a colleague told me that MST & MSR X  all will give same throughput becaue maximum gain restricetd at our country is 14 dbi ? is this right ? 

Guru Elite

Re: Outdoor Point to Point Connection

Same throughput.  MST-200 is the better option for a single point to point, because the antenna is built in.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Thanks alot , but if all are the same throughput when to choose other modles rather then MST200 ? we will always choose it as it is Lower price ?  what is benefit of MSRs ?

Guru Elite

The MSR is when you need more than one radio, like if you are doing a point to multi point, or you are serving clients and backhauling on the sam access point.

The MST provides a small form factor with a built in antenna at a reasonable cost.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

and the fact that MSR is Omni directional while MST in unidirectional doesnot make any difference ? even if both has same gain ?

Guru Elite

The MSR does not come with any antennas.  You purchase those later.  The MST 200 is designed for point to point connection and comes with an included directional antenna.

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

Thx ... 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: