Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdoor Point to Point Connection

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Outdoor Point to Point Connection

Posted Feb 17, 2013 02:06 AM

i was checking about outdoor point tp point connection to connect 2 buildings using wireless  , distance is 1 Km

i Thought that MST200 will give a certain throupghput , while MSR1200 fro example will give higher ?  however a colleague told me that MST & MSR X  all will give same throughput becaue maximum gain restricetd at our country is 14 dbi ? is this right ? 

• 2.  RE: Outdoor Point to Point Connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2013 06:59 AM

Same throughput.  MST-200 is the better option for a single point to point, because the antenna is built in.

• 3.  RE: Outdoor Point to Point Connection

Posted Feb 17, 2013 08:59 AM

Thanks alot , but if all are the same throughput when to choose other modles rather then MST200 ? we will always choose it as it is Lower price ?  what is benefit of MSRs ?

• 4.  RE: Outdoor Point to Point Connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2013 09:01 AM

The MSR is when you need more than one radio, like if you are doing a point to multi point, or you are serving clients and backhauling on the sam access point.

The MST provides a small form factor with a built in antenna at a reasonable cost.

• 5.  RE: Outdoor Point to Point Connection

Posted Feb 19, 2013 09:23 AM

and the fact that MSR is Omni directional while MST in unidirectional doesnot make any difference ? even if both has same gain ?

• 6.  RE: Outdoor Point to Point Connection
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2013 09:24 AM

The MSR does not come with any antennas.  You purchase those later.  The MST 200 is designed for point to point connection and comes with an included directional antenna.

• 7.  RE: Outdoor Point to Point Connection

Posted Feb 19, 2013 02:25 PM

Thx ...