Wireless Access

New Contributor

PDF reports truncating?

Does anyone know of a fix or work around to this problem: when I create reports to automatically generate (e.g. IDS Events) and select PDF in email, my reports are truncated with the message: 'Detail sections have been omitted from this email because they are too large'

Re: PDF reports truncating?

The PDF export of an IDS Events report will be too large for most email clients.  All reports observe a limit of 1000 lines, anything beyond 1000 entries will return the message.  Typical IDS Events reports have at least 5000 lines.  The workaround for a large list should be to get the PDF export directly from the report view, but there's a known issue DE15387 -> clicking PDF exports from within the report web view returns email version of PDF instead of full details.  This is expected to be resolved in a 7.7 patch release.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
New Contributor

Re: PDF reports truncating?

lashworth wrote:

Does anyone know of a fix or work around to this problem: when I create reports to automatically generate (e.g. IDS Events) and select PDF in email, my reports are truncated with the message: 'Detail sections have been omitted from this email because they are too large'

Check this post:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Airwave-reports-detail-section-too-large/td-p/53464

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: