Wireless Access

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: PEF license needed for captive portal

After removing the PEF eval license, all the APs I reboot come up with IL flags. And yes, centralized licensing is enabled.

I am not at customer side these days so I can't run the commands to answer your two last questions.

Regards,

Julián

When removing licenses, you'll need to reboot the controller (not just the AP) for the change to take place. I suspect what's happening here is that the AP was rebooted, finds the controller still has PEF active, but has not available PEF licenses for the AP to join, and thus the IL flag. With the controller reboot, PEF will not longer be active and so available PEF licenses will not be considered.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the information, then I will try that. Both master and local controllers or just the master controller?

Regards,

Julián

Aruba Employee

fjulianom@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the information, then I will try that. Both master and local controllers or just the master controller?

Regards,

Julián

Ideally both, but at least the controller where the AP terminates (local?).

Once the local is rebooted, you can check for profile errors to make sure there wasn't any non-default profiles configured on the master that the local can't install due to licensing. (show profile-errors)

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Frequent Contributor I

Hi Julian,

Please use a seperated VLAN for Guest and don't assign an IP for this vlan on the Controller. So no guest can access the internal VLAN's. You don't have a firewall on the controller!

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

Hi guys,

Rebooting the controllers wasn't the solution. Yesterday night I changed the configuration for using only default roles, I deleted the eval PEF license and rebooted both controllers. Then I reboot an AP to check the results, and the AP came up with IL flags again. I open a TAC cases and they told me to do a factory reset on both controllers, but I doubt this solve this issue. Also I am afraid to do a factory reset an already deployed master-local topology. I have attached the master configuration in case you see something weird, as well as the commands that show the AP requires a license and the AP has IL flags.

Regards,

Julián

Guru Elite

We need the output of "show keys".  

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Colin,

I don't have access right now to the controller, what is that command used for?

Regards,

Julián

Guru Elite

It would tell you how many licenses you actually have.

It is also not a good practice to add and remove PEF licenses, because it will also remove functional configuration and break them as a result.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Colin,

The licenses we have are those I attached in message 4, and we deleted the last PEF license. We don't add and remove licenses just because, the reason is because the PEF license is going to expire and customer don't want to purchase these licenses, since he isn't going to use the PEF module.

Regards,

Julián

Guru Elite

Looking at it again, you have 42 RFProtect licenses and 43 access points.  You would need another RF protect license to bring that 43rd accesss point up.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: