Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

Posted Mar 21, 2016 10:31 AM

Is it possible to use ARU-AP-AC-12V18 instead? Or is there any other PSU for those contries?

• 2.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2016 01:50 PM

Please provide some more details.

Your comment applies to the adapter that ships with the RAP-155 I assume.

Are you saying that that adapter does not have regulatory certs for those countries? If so, what do you base that statement on?

Or is the issue that the plug is not a physical/mechanical fit in those countries?

Thanks,

/Onno Harms, Aruba product management

• 3.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:07 PM

Hi Onno,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is because that the plug is not a physical/mechanical fit in those countries. And we do not want to rely on the EU plug, which would be an alternativ solution.

It is also stated in the datasheet of the product.

• 4.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:59 PM

The RAP-155 datasheet mentions that the "universal" AC adapter ships with 8 different power plugs ("blades") to support all Aruba "core countries", which is the standard set of targeted countries for Aruba products. That includes the countries you mention in this thread.

Those plugs are referred to by their primary target country or region: US, EU, UK, Australia, China, Korea, Argentina and Brazil, but most of them can be used in many additional countries. That being said, many countries have multiple AC outlet styles, and we may not always support all variations.

All the countries you mention can use the EU style blade (IEC type C or europlug).

See http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/list_bylocation.htm for more details

Thanks,

/Onno

• 5.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

Posted Mar 22, 2016 04:13 AM

Hi Onno,

Thank you for the additional information. Could you please answer my final question? Is it possible (recommened by Aruba) to use ARU-AP-AC-12V18 instead? Since this PSU can be connecet to the power cords for India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa.

• 6.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2016 01:48 PM

AP-AC-12V18 can supply up to 18W. The max RAP-155 power consumption is 15.5W, but this can go up if the USB port is used (for a cellular modem for backhaul for example) and it's possible to exceed 18W that way.

If the USB port is not used, that adapter is perfectly fine. If it is, the adapter that ships with the RAP (AP-AC-12V24) is strongly recommended.

Note that Aruba will be offering a new 12V adapter soon (AP-AC-12V30A) that supports the same range of standard AC power cords as AP-AC-12V18, can supply up to 30W, and is compatible with RAP-155. That one will be orderable next month, and shipments will start in May.

Thanks,

/Onno

• 7.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

Posted Mar 23, 2016 02:13 AM

Thanks a lot. This is the answer I was looking for. Excellent!

• 8.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2016 12:54 PM

Hi Onno,

One more question regarding the power adapter delivered with a RAP-155. I was informed that the adapter for China should be included but it is not (it is also in the product description). Can you verify and confirm, please?

Best regards,

Martin

• 9.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 01:14 PM

Martin,

RAP-155 ships with a "universal" 12V 24W adapter (Sunny SYS1357-2412) and includes eight different AC plug (ISO plug types A (2 variants), C (3 variants), G, and I (2 variants)). China is supported.by type A, C or I, depending on location.

/Onno

• 10.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

Posted Mar 23, 2017 03:13 AM

Hi Onno,

I was hoping you could help me once again. We are looking for 3-4 units of ARU-RAP-155-US to buy. The customer can not use 205H and is waiting for the 303H. Since the RAP-155 is EOL and all stocks are empty I was wondering if you know a way to provide these units (or have any other solution?

Best regards,

Martin

• 11.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 12:05 PM

No, we're 100% sold out. Sorry.

• 12.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

Posted Mar 24, 2017 06:56 AM

Thank you. We have some units of RAP-155-JP, RAP-155-IL and RAP-155-RoW in stock. Is there a way to exchange some of these units with Aruba/HPE?

Regards,

Martin

• 13.  RE: PSU of RAP-155 does not cover India, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark and South Africa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2017 12:12 PM

You would need to discuss that with your Aruba sales person/rep.