Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Packet Capture Error message

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Packet Capture Error message

Posted Nov 10, 2014 11:31 AM
      |   view attached

I believe I've followed the direction on how to capture from an AP and send it to a IP but when I attempt to capture, I get the attached error message. Why would I get that error?

Thanks for the help,

• 2.  RE: Packet Capture Error message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2014 02:02 PM

On the face of it, it looks like the AP selected cannot scan the channel that you want or the g radio is shut down.  What version of ArubaOS is this? (it could be a bug, also).

You have two options (you can do both, actually):

- Tell us what you want to capture and we can tell you how to do it 

or:

- Open a TAC case so that they can capture your exact workflow and if there is a problem file a bug with the functionality or identify your issue.

• 3.  RE: Packet Capture Error message

Posted Nov 10, 2014 02:10 PM

I'm looking to capture all the traffic between a wireless client and a server as the AP sees it. I know that there are frames being dropped during a TCP conversation. I've traced them to the building but they are getting dropped somewhere between the controller and client. I want to determine wheather the controller, AP, or client machine is the culprit.

If I could see the frames going through the AP, there's a good chance I will have my answer.

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: Packet Capture Error message
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2014 02:22 PM

Mark Jeffers,

If you are using ArubaOS 6.3 and trying to look at unencrypted traffic, you should use the 

packet-capture datapath wifi-client [mac address] decrypted

...command.

Please see how to get all the decrypted packets of the client here:  

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Matters-Blog/ArubaOS-6-3-New-Packet-Capture-Functionality-in-ArubaOS-6-3/ba-p/113967

If you do a wireless capture, you would only see encrypted traffic...

• 5.  RE: Packet Capture Error message

Posted Nov 10, 2014 03:57 PM

I'm getting good results with the command line captures being sent to a specific machine. Thanks for your input!!!