Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Packet Capture Error message

I believe I've followed the direction on how to capture from an AP and send it to a IP but when I attempt to capture, I get the attached error message. Why would I get that error?

Thanks for the help,

Guru Elite

Re: Packet Capture Error message

[ Edited ]

On the face of it, it looks like the AP selected cannot scan the channel that you want or the g radio is shut down.  What version of ArubaOS is this? (it could be a bug, also).

You have two options (you can do both, actually):

- Tell us what you want to capture and we can tell you how to do it 

or:

- Open a TAC case so that they can capture your exact workflow and if there is a problem file a bug with the functionality or identify your issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

I'm looking to capture all the traffic between a wireless client and a server as the AP sees it. I know that there are frames being dropped during a TCP conversation. I've traced them to the building but they are getting dropped somewhere between the controller and client. I want to determine wheather the controller, AP, or client machine is the culprit.

If I could see the frames going through the AP, there's a good chance I will have my answer.

Thanks,

Guru Elite

Mark Jeffers,

If you are using ArubaOS 6.3 and trying to look at unencrypted traffic, you should use the 

packet-capture datapath wifi-client [mac address] decrypted

...command.

Please see how to get all the decrypted packets of the client here:  

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Matters-Blog/ArubaOS-6-3-New-Packet-Capture-Functionality-in-ArubaOS-6-3/ba-p/113967

If you do a wireless capture, you would only see encrypted traffic...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

I'm getting good results with the command line captures being sent to a specific machine. Thanks for your input!!!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: