Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Painting the AP275

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Painting the AP275

Posted Jul 30, 2014 03:09 PM

I didn't see any new info on this, but I thought I would ask. Is there an official stance on painting the new AP275 APs?

I've heard that you can paint them with non-lead based paint, but it voids the warranty. Has that changed?

• 2.  RE: Painting the AP275
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 30, 2014 03:26 PM

If the painting process fouls the grounding location, LED, or any of the connector interfaces the warranty is void.

Dark colors should not be used in areas where the daytime temperature exceeds 45C

In the event of a failure Aruba does not assume any liability for painting costs of replacement units.

Use paint that is free of any metals, and thin enough to not block any vents.

• They should be primed then painted
    • Connectors should be masked off. Want to paint just the plastic bits
    • Primer - D61H75 "Polane 2.8 Plus Spray Fil"
    • Top Coat - Polane Type "HS Plus Polyurethane"

* Do not paint the mesh weep hole on the bottom of the AP-270. Clogging the weep hole with paint can lead to failure and will not be covered under warranty.

*Be sure to connect antennas prior to painting or thouroughly mask off the antenna connectors.  Don't do this:

2014-07-30_12-23-41.jpg

• 3.  RE: Painting the AP275

Posted Jul 30, 2014 03:28 PM

thanks Marcus!

• 4.  RE: Painting the AP275

Posted Jul 31, 2014 02:55 PM

Great infromation, customer jsut ask about this as well. Thanks.