07-30-2014 12:08 PM
I didn't see any new info on this, but I thought I would ask. Is there an official stance on painting the new AP275 APs?
I've heard that you can paint them with non-lead based paint, but it voids the warranty. Has that changed?
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-30-2014 12:26 PM
If the painting process fouls the grounding location, LED, or any of the connector interfaces the warranty is void.
Dark colors should not be used in areas where the daytime temperature exceeds 45C
In the event of a failure Aruba does not assume any liability for painting costs of replacement units.
Use paint that is free of any metals, and thin enough to not block any vents.
- They should be primed then painted
- Connectors should be masked off. Want to paint just the plastic bits
- Primer - D61H75 "Polane 2.8 Plus Spray Fil"
- Top Coat - Polane Type "HS Plus Polyurethane"
* Do not paint the mesh weep hole on the bottom of the AP-270. Clogging the weep hole with paint can lead to failure and will not be covered under warranty.
*Be sure to connect antennas prior to painting or thouroughly mask off the antenna connectors. Don't do this: