Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Performance issue/scenario. Default load sharing??

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Performance issue/scenario. Default load sharing??

Posted Dec 22, 2017 04:43 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to resolve a performance issue and  I need a little education. I have a 3Mbps down and 30mbps up connection from my ISP. I have a 225 IAP running 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2_58595 firmware. I have around 20 clients. Occasioanlly  I have 2 to 3 heavy downloaders but using only 2 at a time. The other clients are browsing and not doing much.

Whenever a heavy downloader starts working or two, it seems that wifi gets slow across the board for everyone. Browsing the web defiintely gets slow or a tv with netflix will get laggy.

1) Is there a default load sharing mechanism enabled? How is bw sharing/allocation handle right out of the box?

2) What are the recommendations for handling the two heavy downloaders?

Thank you,

Jay

• 2.  RE: Performance issue/scenario. Default load sharing??

• 3.  RE: Performance issue/scenario. Default load sharing??

Posted Dec 22, 2017 06:26 PM

Interestingly, it's actually set to Fair Access by default. I would think that I wouldn't be seeing these issues. ??

• 4.  RE: Performance issue/scenario. Default load sharing??

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2017 03:43 AM

We would need more information to determine what is happening and how to deal with it.

Are all these clients in the same room?

What application(s) are they running?

What operating system of the clients?

Airtime fairness tries to deal with some clients using up all of the bandwith, but it is not a panacea.

• 5.  RE: Performance issue/scenario. Default load sharing??

Posted Dec 23, 2017 01:07 PM

I apprecaite. This is good education. I may just need to put some limits on the two downloaders. I want them to be able to download as fast as possible within reason, as long as  it doesn't slow everyone else down.

Are all these clients in the same room?

No. 4 small office being served by one IAP-225

What application(s) are they running?

Chomre and IE web browsing, youtube, netflix in one room, facebook, one main downloader grabbing large files from internet but sometmes two.

What operating system of the clients?

Windows 7 and Android phones

Thanks,