Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Pictures of antenna mount kits and maybe suggestions

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Pictures of antenna mount kits and maybe suggestions

Posted Jun 02, 2015 02:15 PM

I work for a reseller and we have a client with a unique room that is posing some AP mounting challenges.  The room is a ballroom, rectangular in shape, roughly 3 times long as it is wide.  One short side and one long side are covered in windows, basically floor to ceiling.  The room is very tall, probably close to 50 feet floor to ceiling.

Due to restrictions in the physical space, cabling access limitations and customer preferences we cannot mount any access points to the ceiling, only to the internal long wall.  Unfortunately, the only place on this wall we can mount access points is roughly within 10 feet of the ceiling on this wall.

Needless to say, all of this makes for terrible signal patterns.  When I spoke to an SE, I was mainly looking for suggestions as to which antennas, mounted on an adjustable mount, would work in this use case.  

The answer I got was that would be better to just go with an AP-225 and mount it at about a 20 degree down tilt relative to the wall.  The challenge, though, is what to use to achieve this mount and how much "engineering" it will take to create it.

I think I could probably engineer something using the correct AP-225 wall/solid surface mounting bracket with some kind of adapter plate and one of the adjustable external antenna brackets.  The problem is I can't find any decent pictures of what these mounting brackets look like -- searching on the product returns a zillion different (and likely wrong) images on Google image search, and any vendor pages just show the Aruba logo where a picture would normally go.

Are there any pictures of AP-ANT-MNT-1 or -3 that show the mounts in any detail?  Or any other suggestions for an adaptable mounting bracket that would accomplish this mount?

#AP225