Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Plan tool embedded / 3D ?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Plan tool embedded / 3D ?

Posted Feb 23, 2012 11:27 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to use the plan tool embedded in the W3400  (6.1.3.0) controller.

A stupid question: I've to define floors, but does the algorithm knows my AP doesn' t work in 2D but in 3D when the tool optimize AP places ?

Just because the concentric circles seems to be 2D only (*) ... and the optimized placement seems ... 2D also

Thanks again ... and sorry for my bad english ...

(*) we don't see circles in the upper or lower floors of the AP

• 2.  RE: Plan tool embedded / 3D ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2012 08:54 PM

@criecm wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to use the plan tool embedded in the W3400  (6.1.3.0) controller.

A stupid question: I've to define floors, but does the algorithm knows my AP doesn' t work in 2D but in 3D when the tool optimize AP places ?

Just because the concentric circles seems to be 2D only (*) ... and the optimized placement seems ... 2D also

Thanks again ... and sorry for my bad english ...

(*) we don't see circles in the upper or lower floors of the AP

There is no 3d planning in the controller-based planning tool, unfortunately.

• 3.  RE: Plan tool embedded / 3D ?

Posted Mar 01, 2012 10:00 AM

No 3D plan tool ?

I found an answer to my question in the ArubaOS User guide, Chapter 3 - RF plan, p83 :

"Inter-floor Height" : this is the distance between floor surfaces... RF Plan uses the inter-floor height to allow APs on one floor to service users on adjacent  floors ..."

So it seems to be like a 3D plan tool, isn'it ?

• 4.  RE: Plan tool embedded / 3D ?

Posted Mar 01, 2012 11:47 AM

with RF plan you can see inter-floor coverage if you mark some references in each floor. if you want to see the coverage in floor 2 of the ap placed in floor 1 and so on..

I dont know about 3D plan tool but if you want to know inter-floor coverage you can do it with RF plan.