Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Plan tool embedded / 3D ?

Hello,

I'm trying to use the plan tool embedded in the W3400  (6.1.3.0) controller.

A stupid question: I've to define floors, but does the algorithm knows my AP doesn' t work in 2D but in 3D when the tool optimize AP places ?

Just because the concentric circles seems to be 2D only (*) ... and the optimized placement seems ... 2D also

Thanks again ... and sorry for my bad english ...

(*) we don't see circles in the upper or lower floors of the AP

Guru Elite

Re: Plan tool embedded / 3D ?

criecm wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to use the plan tool embedded in the W3400  (6.1.3.0) controller.

A stupid question: I've to define floors, but does the algorithm knows my AP doesn' t work in 2D but in 3D when the tool optimize AP places ?

Just because the concentric circles seems to be 2D only (*) ... and the optimized placement seems ... 2D also

Thanks again ... and sorry for my bad english ...

(*) we don't see circles in the upper or lower floors of the AP

There is no 3d planning in the controller-based planning tool, unfortunately.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

No 3D plan tool ?

I found an answer to my question in the ArubaOS User guide, Chapter 3 - RF plan, p83 :

"Inter-floor Height" : this is the distance between floor surfaces... RF Plan uses the inter-floor height to allow APs on one floor to service users on adjacent  floors ..."

So it seems to be like a 3D plan tool, isn'it ?

with RF plan you can see inter-floor coverage if you mark some references in each floor. if you want to see the coverage in floor 2 of the ap placed in floor 1 and so on..

I dont know about 3D plan tool but if you want to know inter-floor coverage you can do it with RF plan.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: