Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Planet access points gets hang with Aruba Infrastructure

Dear All,

Your valuable inputs are required. Network consist of two parts. One side is aruba and other side is Dlink and Planet access points. Aruba is operational in building A. D-link and  Planet access points are operational in buildin B. Building to building fibre connectivity. Building B unmanageable switch uplink connects with the core switch port 1/0/12 which is in access mode VLAN-40. Core switch is placed in the building A. Core switch uplink (trunk) is terminated on controller port 0/7 functioning as a trunk. Moreover the  vlan-40 on the trunk port of the controller is untrusted so that traffic should pass through the AAA profile.

Planet access pointss gets hanged randomly but not frequently. Due to the hanging issue planet access point does not respond to the ping (static ip assigned to the planet ap's) and we need to restart the planet access point.  D-link accesss points are working fine in any case.

Does the UNTRUSTED-VLAN case is causing the HANG ISSUE for planet access points ?

Guru Elite

Re: Planet access points gets hang with Aruba Infrastructure

We do not know. Why do you have the interface as untrusted?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

The users connecting with the D-Link and planet access points are the part of VLAN-40. So when the vlan 40 traffic passes through the controller policies/rules must apply to that traffic...

1111.jpg

can't imagine having a direct effect, but it is difficult to say without actually investigating. do you have those planet access points somewhere without a controller with unstrusted network involved? do they work fine there?
Regular Contributor I

Planet access points are standalone ap's just like a home user TP-Link device.. Last week I reverted back the controller port on trusted and observe the behaviour. An issue still stands there.

As mentioned above did not get the complaint from the location where the D-Link access points are working either on trusted/untrusted criteria.

Just did the vlan-40 untrusted on controler port 0/6 so that building B traffic from vlan-40 should pass through the firewall rules. thats it. firewall rules are block HTTPS/HTTP SSH/Telnet for the controller SVI's and rest of allow all.

Guru Elite

If they are standalone APs, do they require any external connectivity to make sure that they are up?  Maybe the Planet people can say whether or not...?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: