Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Planned Downtime

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Planned Downtime

Posted Sep 09, 2013 04:03 PM

Is there a way to set the Planned Downtime so that no devices are polled during a period?

What I don't want to do is Maintenance, which you cannot do if you are only monitoring your devices.

We have generator tests done every Monday morning over a 2 hour window, and I don't want any devices polled during this period. We are using Version 7.7.3

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Planned Downtime

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2013 05:11 PM

Devices are still polled during 'planned downtime'.  It's only for device uptime report that 'planned downtime' makes a significant difference.  I don't have a pretty way to do what you're trying to do, but try this:

Go to Group -> select group -> Basic tab

Disable polling, save and apply, apply

Go back to Group Basic

Enable polling, save and apply, instead of apply -> schedule for repeating option

Go back to Group Basic

Enable polling, save and apply, apply 

Go back to Group Basic

Disable polling, save and apply, instead of apply -> schedule for repeating option

This should do what you're trying to do.  While at the same time keeping a planned downtime window for the time that's not polled in case you want to run your device uptime report.

• 3.  RE: Planned Downtime

Posted Sep 10, 2013 08:46 AM

I'll give that a shot!  I'm not even worried about the uptime report.  I just don't want to get 1800 e-mails every morning telling me my devices rebooted.

Thanks for the help!  I'll mark it as solution if it works next Monday.