Wireless Access

Contributor II

Planned Downtime

[ Edited ]

Is there a way to set the Planned Downtime so that no devices are polled during a period?

What I don't want to do is Maintenance, which you cannot do if you are only monitoring your devices.

We have generator tests done every Monday morning over a 2 hour window, and I don't want any devices polled during this period. We are using Version 7.7.3

Thanks in advance!

Re: Planned Downtime

Devices are still polled during 'planned downtime'.  It's only for device uptime report that 'planned downtime' makes a significant difference.  I don't have a pretty way to do what you're trying to do, but try this:

Go to Group -> select group -> Basic tab

Disable polling, save and apply, apply

Go back to Group Basic

Enable polling, save and apply, instead of apply -> schedule for repeating option

Go back to Group Basic

Enable polling, save and apply, apply 

Go back to Group Basic

Disable polling, save and apply, instead of apply -> schedule for repeating option

This should do what you're trying to do.  While at the same time keeping a planned downtime window for the time that's not polled in case you want to run your device uptime report.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

Re: Planned Downtime

I'll give that a shot!  I'm not even worried about the uptime report.  I just don't want to get 1800 e-mails every morning telling me my devices rebooted.

Thanks for the help!  I'll mark it as solution if it works next Monday.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: