Wireless Access

New Contributor

Poor WiFi Signal and Speed

Hello

I have recently implemented a new Wifi network in our school. Here is the scenario:

Aruba Central Management

25 - 315 IAP

2 - External 275 IAP

4 SSID

At the moment I have a big roblem with both speed and signal. 

A lot of clients are able to connect to SSID but then have very poor speeds, 1 or 2 Mbps when other clients reach 80Mbps.

Any suggestions are appriciated

Guru Elite

Re: Poor WiFi Signal and Speed

You should make sure you have Broadcast Filtering set to ARP in the advanced portion of your SSIDs. That could improve performance greatly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

This option is already set.

Guru Elite

How far apart are your acess points?

What is your ARM Minimum and Maximum transmit power?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thanks, IAP are approximately 15 metres apart.

ARM Min Power 24

ARM Max power Max

I have aattached a screenshot of my VC list of clients. The same clients will connect without an problem and then disconnect or have very poor speed.

Guru Elite

You have two problems:

1. Most clients do not have a transmit power over 18, so having a minimum of 24 causes a "sticky" client issue and interference like you are experiencing.  You should try minimum 12 and maximum 18

2.  You have 80 mhz channels enabled, which is an inefficient use of channels in a high density environment.  You should try disabling 80 mhz channels in your ARM configuration to give your access points more channels to operate in.

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

Thank you

I have done as suggested and things improved. Then I noticed that all my switch ports had been switched to half-duplex. Reason still not known.

Once I fixed this speed and connectivity going much better.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: