Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Possibility of retrieving the deleted ap database on controller

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Possibility of retrieving the deleted ap database on controller

Posted Jan 16, 2017 12:50 PM

Hello, 

While clearing the ap database of the unwanted APs from controller(Monitoring > All Access Points > Clear (to the right of the AP you want removed), I had accidentally deleted few APs which were suppose to be there as these(accidentally deleted APs from database) were for the provisioned APs that will be gradually added to the network/controller. 
    From my understanding as soon as I keep adding these provisioned APs to the controller, the will again show up on the controller without any issues.

Is it really a case that this will have no impact?

Also in order to have a better record of legitimate provisioned APs that will come up in future, is there a way out to add back the accidentally deleted aps back to the database?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Possibility of retrieving the deleted ap database on controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2017 01:01 PM

You cannot restore deleted APs.  The APs that are up will recreate themselves immediately.  The ones that are down will recreate themselves when they attach again.  It does not have any real functional impact, I don't think.

• 3.  RE: Possibility of retrieving the deleted ap database on controller

Posted Jan 22, 2017 01:57 AM

Thanks Joseph, Rene for your valuable responses.

• 4.  RE: Possibility of retrieving the deleted ap database on controller
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2017 06:38 PM
    I agree with cjoseph. Delete ap will be added automatically or you can add them manually to the ap white-list, if you still have/know their MAC addresses.

If cpsec is enabled and the ap's cannot auto-join, you will see a flag next to 'save configuration' to add a newly discoverd ap to the ap white-list