Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 05:28 AM

Hello All,

I noticed that on AOS 6.3.0.1 that the pre-defined Firewall Policies such as logon-control, captive portal no longer have their pre-defined ACLs associated with them.

Is this something new? Is this a bug on the Code? What's up with Aruba on this? Or I'm I the only one having this issue?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 05:39 AM
    I see those there , make sure you have the PEF license

• 3.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 05:47 AM

I definitely have the PEF License.

AP Licenses 1024
    RF Protect Licenses 1024
    PEF Licenses 1024
    Overall AP License Limit 1024

So you see your pre-defined ACLs associated with these Firewall Policies?

• 4.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 05:50 AM

So under "Policies", how many rule counts do you have associated with captiveportal or logon-control?

• 5.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 06:06 AM
    I have attached some screenshots

• 6.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 06:08 AM

wow!!! I need to open a Ticket with TAC then.

• 7.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 06:15 AM
    You should .

Try a couple of things :

- try reloading the code into the other partition , you in case there something that got corrupted when you first loaded
    - do you see this in the GUI and CLI ?
    - do a show log system and if there's any errors that might be related to this.

• 8.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1

Posted Aug 10, 2013 06:24 AM

No pre-defined ACL for the Policies on both GUI and CLI.

Nothing on the "show log system" referencing this issue.

Are you recommending I upgrade the other Partition? Do you think I should re-apply the License after the upgrade.

I don't re-applying the License will make any difference. What do you think?

• 9.  RE: Pre-defined Firewall Policies not having pre-defined ACLs on 6.3.0.1
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2013 07:26 AM

Well, if only I remembered to reboot my Controller after applying the License.

Maybe I wouldn't have been awake so early trying to figure out why my pre-defined ACLs weren't coming up!!