Wireless Access

ZL
Contributor I

Pre-shared Key SSID now working

Hi,

For the guest access I have preshared key SSID on VLAN 70. I configured the controller as a DHCP server. Everything worked for about 3 months but today the SSID stoped working. No one are able to get to the internet. I just want some command to troubleshoot this issue, something to start up with. 

Guru Elite

Re: Pre-shared Key SSID now working

Is this an instant AP cluster or a hardware Aruba Controller?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
ZL
Contributor I

This is controller base cluster. 

Has anything changed in your environment recently (#show audit-trail)? Have you completed any basic steps yet so far?

- Are your clients getting an IP address? What is doing DHCP for VLAN 70 (#show ip dhcp database), has this been checked?

- Is VLAN 70 still allowed on the relevant switch ports? (#show vlan status /#show port status)

- Within your AAA Profile (#show aaa profile XXXX), it will show the User Role which your clients are assigned, does this permit the access you require?

- Is the relevant routing in place to the gateway?

- If this is a cluster, are the VRRP's (#show vrrp) correct (e.g Master/Backup)

- What version of AOS are you running (#show version)?

If you could provide a bit little overview of your network this would be a good help.

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
ZL
Contributor I

Hi,

To answer you questions: 

1- Nothing changed in my environment 

2- End user getting DHCP IP and the role is Guest-logon they are not getting to post authientication role which is guest

3- For Vlan 70 I am doing IP Nat inside to nat the traffic to the management VLAN 

4- My feeling is that there is something went wrong with the aaa profile. 

Your clients will have already been authenticated in the first instance with your Guest-logon role which is defined as your Initial Role when using PSK. Does this contain a Captive Portal which then assigns the Guest role upon successful authentication. If you using a Captive Portal with Guest-logon, ensure that the clients are assigned a valid and working DNS. If the controller does not see a DNS response, it will not intercept and load the Captive Portal.

Feel free to post the output of your User Roles and AAA Profile.

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: