Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Preferred 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels and power levels.

Hi Guys,

We are attending a trade show at the McCormick Convention Center in Chicago. The venue is 2.6 million sq. ft. of which we have a 1600 sq ft booth. The Convention Center is requiring us to tell them what channels we will be broadcasting on both the 2.4 (1,6,or11) and 5 GHz (open to one) spectrums and the power levels. We are using two IAP-214-US aps..Any suggestions from our Aruba Gurus to give our users the least congestive connectivity with all of the other booths in the arena?

Thanks

Re: Preferred 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels and power levels.

Hi,

By default Aruba Use ARM to define witch channel to use , and with witch spectruim level , but every country has his max EIRP level

to show the allowed Channel and max EIRP , here the command

show ap allowed-channels <country-code>

show ap allowed-max-EIRP [<country>]

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Valued Contributor II

Re: Preferred 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels and power levels.

Hi,

In Aruba, Channel and Tx power are decided by the ARM hence you have to disable ARM and set the Tx power and Channel manually. can select any channel but need to be careful on choosing the Tx power coz it should be enough to cover your required area and also should not overlap with the neighbour channels of other customers.

Therefore I recommend you to seek suggestions from your SE on this.

Hope got some clarity.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: