Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Preload Image to AP-125 not working

Hello,

we want to update from 6.4.2.3 to 6.4.4.6. To decrease downtime I wanted to preload images on all the APs. It is working fine for all APs except AP-125 models.

As mentioned in EOL list AP-125 is supported within version 6.4.

The errormessage is Flash image upgrade failed: Result code 255

Any ideas how i can do the update. I'm unsure what will happen if i reload the controllers AP-125 might not come up when controller is on 6.4.4.6?

Thanks in advance

Guru Elite

Re: Preload Image to AP-125 not working

If the AP is working now, it should be fine when you reload the controller.  I am not sure if the AP-125 has enough memory to hold a new image for preload.  It should do a regular upgrade when the controller is reloaded.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks for the support.

But i got it right that version 6.4.4.6 still supports AP-125?

Guru Elite

Yes.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/#AccessPoints

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks a lot!

Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I've had this issue preloading 6.4.4.15 from 6.4.4.6.  Will the AP125's definitely upgrade on controller reboot?

Thanks,

Eleanor

Frequent Contributor I

In our environment updating ap-125 was successful. They rebootet after controller came up with new version.

Guru Elite

emm502 wrote:

Hi,

I've had this issue preloading 6.4.4.15 from 6.4.4.6.  Will the AP125's definitely upgrade on controller reboot?

Thanks,

Eleanor

The AP-125s just like every other AP will always upgrade or downgrade to match the software version of the controller it connects to.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor II

I can confirm, the ap's upgraded on reboot.  I've never had a problem with preloading the ap125's before but I'm guessing they're getting low on memory with some of the more recent code.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Preloading is optional and might save a little time, depending on the situation.  You should not have to preload to upgrade a controller.  Memory should not be a consideration in a normal upgrade.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: