Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Printers falling off show airgroup servers list

Hello,

We have a 7210 controller running 6.4.2.3,  Clearpass version 6.2.6.x, and AP-105s.  When we turn on AirPrint some printers stay on the airgroup server list for 30 minutes.  For instance, a new HP Officejet Pro X551dw disappears after 30 minutes but an Officejet Pro 8500 A910 will stay on all day.  TAC has worked with us and so has HP support but haven't found a solution.  Has anyone heard of this?  Do you think it is a problem with this model of printer?  It works great otherwise.

Valued Contributor II

Re: Printers falling off show airgroup servers list

Hi,

It generally happens when a device fails to respond to the mDNS query sent by the controller properly.

Issue should be with that specific printer model.

For your ref :

Airgroup1.png

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Guru Elite

Can you try creating static airgroup entries and see if the clients can consistently see the printers?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Sorry.  When I edited my question I left some things out.  The Officejet Pro 8500 A910 as well as several other printers will show on the airgroup servers list constantly.  The Officejet Pro X551dw only lasts 30 minutes and it is not exactly 30 but more or less.  If I reboot it or print to it some other way the timer starts over.  The inactivity timeouts on the printer are an hour or  more.  I think it is that printer model but HP disagrees. 

Frequent Contributor II

Hello,

The issue is resolved in 6.4.2.5. I created a case on this very subject back in March of 2014. Our HP AirPrint printers would drop off of AirPlay availabilty after about 30 minutes. It's a confirmed bug in Aruba OS versions preceeding 6.4.2.5. It took them a year to fix it but since upgrading, everything is fine.

Thanks.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: