Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Jan 23, 2013 09:05 AM

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I did an upgrade of my 2 controler PowerConnect 3400 to version 6.2.0.0. I already know that the version 6.2.0.2 is availaible, but we bought our system with Dell and even the 6.2.0.1 is not avalaible. And i'm not able to see the release note of 6.2.0.2 to see if it's a know problem.

Here is my problem: When i'm connecting to my controler WebUi using the hostname, i'm not able to see the dashboard page... I already tested it on other computer with different version of IE. Noting to do on both controler. But when i'm using the IP address, it's working well...

Here is some screenshot :

Capture1.JPG

Everyting is blank in the dashboard page. "co100-01-D3400" is the name of my controler.

Capture2.JPG

Now with the IP address. Notice that the end of the address is different :

DNS name :  /monitoring.html?#nwpf

IP : /monitoring.html?#nwpf/{}/{}

Even if I openned a connection with the DNS name, when I try with the IP way, I have to reauthenticate. Normally, opening another tab to connect to the controler automaticly connect me without auth...

Already tried a reboot on both controler. Flush my temporary file on my browser...

Anyone got an idea ?

The simple option could only to reboot on the other partition until we got 6.2.0.2 if it's a version problem...

• 2.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Jan 24, 2013 12:32 PM

I just upgraded to 6.2.0.2 last night (Aruba controller rather than Dell) and saw the same thing.

I don't use the browser "flush temporary files in the options menu" method.

I use the "shift-click the reload icon" method and do that for each page on the menu -- dashboard, monitoring, configuration etc.

Worked for my installation.

• 3.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Jan 24, 2013 01:17 PM

For me it's only the dashboard who got problem with.

Tried and it didn't work ...

• 4.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Feb 05, 2013 11:53 AM

Even with the 6.2.0.2 who's now avalaible to us it's not working.

Still no dashboar.

:(

• 5.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Mar 21, 2013 10:41 AM

Still up.

Same thing at 6.2.1.

Guess I'll have to open an official case ?

• 6.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Mar 21, 2013 11:31 AM

Update :

Notice again these 2 screenshot (1 with DNS name and other with IP directly) :

01.JPG

and

02.JPG

With the IP address in the address field, I can see my dashboad. And the "display compatibility" button appear. It is not activated. The botton dont appear when I use the DNS name.

Now when I active the display compatibility on the IP one :

03.JPG

My dashboard disappear...

What I still don't get is why the display compatibility option show only with the IP address and not on the DNS one. Also I already try to go in tools on the DNS page to see if the option is activated here. Found nothing.

• 7.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2013 08:55 AM

Update :

It's working with Firefox and Opera (who's not supported. The dashboard windows is working, but i get a message of no support when trying to go in configuration. Even with the message, the configuration tab is displaying correctly.)

So it's really seem to be a compatibility problem with IE.

• 8.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Mar 26, 2014 08:49 AM

I am also having a problem with the Aruba Web GUI. In particular with updating data on the web page. Sometimes I will get data on the dashboard, and then a couple of minutes later there is no data. Only the shell is left. If I let it sit longer I will eventually get some fresh data, but then a few seconds later it is gone again. It's unfortunate that while I'm trying to gather valuable data about our deployment that the spastic nature of the display renders it useless. This seems to be the same issue the other posters in this thread are talking about. Is Aruba aware of this issue? We no longer carry a support contract.

Aruba 650 (6.3.1.3)

Ten 105 APs

Chrome and IE both exhibit this behavior

Just saw this thread was a year old. Did anyone ever find a resolution?

Thanks.

• 9.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Mar 27, 2014 03:49 PM

the issue the thread is orginally about seems to happen after an upgrade. which usually causes issues with aruba, a clear cache and sometimes a different browser solves this on the whole.

your issue seems a bit different, working at some point and without change not at another. havent seen that described before.

• 10.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Mar 27, 2014 03:59 PM

Yeah. I can't figure it out. There is one more firmware update that I may upgrade to to see if the problem is resolved. This happens on any machine on our campus that I try and connect to the the web ui. I'm in contact with our Aruba partner to try and get our service support contract up-to-date.

• 11.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Mar 27, 2014 04:03 PM

just to rule it out i would try with another browser and perhaps just a totally different desktop / laptop and OS just to fully rule out the client.

• 12.  RE: Problem after upgrading to 6.2.0.0

Posted Oct 17, 2014 05:44 PM

In analyzing my web GUI failure (monitoring tab values zeroed out, configuration tab page coming back : null), my logs indicated an under-trained administrator issued a "wr t" at the same second an automatic sync was occuring.  He was adding a mac-auth user to the local userdb.

My sh master-local stats command showed that my sync between the two M3 supervisors stopped working that same second and was not syncing for a few days subsequent to the event.

I rebooted the master and all is well.

Aruba Operating System Software.
    ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba6000-US), Version 6.1.3.8
    Copyright (c) 2002-2013, Aruba Networks, Inc.
    Compiled on 2013-04-25 at 08:40:50 PDT (build 38170) by p4build

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.2.0.0 (build 20527)
    Built: 2009-01-20 18:56:10
    Built by: p4build@re_client_20527

Switch uptime is 15 minutes 54 seconds
    Reboot Cause: User reboot.
    Supervisor Card
    Processor XLR 732 (revision C4) with 2016M bytes of memory.
    32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
    512M bytes of Supervisor Card System flash (model=CF 512MB).

Please edit for clarity and discard if post is unrelated/unnecessary