Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem changing ALE password at first login

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Problem changing ALE password at first login

Posted May 25, 2014 05:46 AM

Hi All,

I thought I would play with the eval of ALE, so I have deployed it to our lab ESX host, but when I try change the password as required at first login i just get pushed back to the login.

I can log in again with the default root/admin credentials but get prompted to change the password but not re type it as i would expect and then get sent back to the login.

I have tried ALE-1.2.0.0-42792 & ALE-1.2.1.0-43065 but hit the same "issue" both with the ova and the iso

does anyone know if there is a known issue and there is a special way to sort the first login out (possibly booting into single user mode)

cheers

Andy

• 2.  RE: Problem changing ALE password at first login
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2014 03:03 PM
    hmm it should let you change it.
    Give me a few min and I will fire up a VM of 1.2.1

• 3.  RE: Problem changing ALE password at first login
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2014 03:16 PM

I just tried it on 1.2.1 and it worked. After you login with root/admin, it asks you for your current root password which is admin, then it will ask you to change it.

Capture.JPG

• 4.  RE: Problem changing ALE password at first login

Posted May 27, 2014 03:28 PM

:smileyembarrassed:

servers me right for not paying proper attention and trying to do 5 things at the same time..

• 5.  RE: Problem changing ALE password at first login
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2014 03:54 PM
    No worries but you accepted the wrong solution :)