Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

Posted Apr 14, 2017 03:48 AM

Good afternoon everyone

I have a WLC Aruba 7030 which has 32 Aps between 205, 215 and 93, the problem I have is the following, I hope someone can help me with the solution.
    1- I have 5 vlans in EVENT group configuration for a (1) single SSID
    2- The (5) vlan are on L3 in the FW with DHCP relay to the DHCP server.
    3- The network segments of each vlan are (/ 23) this because it is a network of students.
    The dynamic allocation of vlan is done satisfactorily in the WLC, you always see the user assignment couple for each of the vlan's but what happens when you see the Scoop DHCP server is a saturation of IP's and almost all The 5 scoops filled with only half the users on the WIFI network.
    When checking the MACs on the DHCP server it is evident that MACs are being repeated by Scoop, as if the WLC will not respect each user's vlan ID and every time it is disconnected and reconnected it will change it to vlan, I spend another IP of a different scoop and I fill up the 5 Scoops.
    The DHCP reservation we have at one hour and the settings I have listed below.
    Could you please help me if someone has had a similar problem where the WLC does not respect the vlan ID and every time the user logs in or out assigns a new ID and this causes the DHCP Scoop

• 2.  RE: Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2017 07:05 AM

Are all of your VLANs defined in the Virtual AP profile?

It is important that the VLANs are defined in the Virtual AP profile.

• 3.  RE: Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

Posted Apr 15, 2017 01:57 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,
    If the vlan is created and related in the virtual ap by the group name as it was created, I relate the scrip and attached the show run in case you want to evaluate it.

"

vlan-name ESTUDIANTES assignment even
    vlan ESTUDIANTES 106,108,110,112,114

!
    wlan virtual-ap "WIFI-E-vap_prof"
       aaa-profile "WIFI-E-aaa_prof"
       ssid-profile "WIFI-E-ssid_prof"
       vlan ESTUDIANTES
       band-steering
       preserve-vlan
    !

"

In the vlan that related the dhcp scoops are filling, but when reviewing the macs of the wlc I see several clients with entries in several vlan

Thanks for the help

Attachment(s)

txt
    Show Run 7030.txt   30 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 15, 2017 05:00 AM

Do you have more than one Wireless LAN controller?

• 5.  RE: Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

Posted Apr 15, 2017 09:27 PM

Goodnight

I only have one WLC

• 6.  RE: Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

Posted Apr 22, 2017 05:21 AM

help pls

@Iberoamericana wrote:

Goodnight

I only have one WLC

• 7.  RE: Problem vlan pool and scoops dhcp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2017 06:30 AM

I just re-read your first post.

How did you define the VLAN pool?  Do you have the VLANs defined using a name in the virtual AP profile, or with just numbers?  Do you have the VLAN pool set to even?  Please see here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Why-are-my-DHCP-scopes-running-out-faster-quot-even-quot-vlan/ta-p/288918