Wireless Access

New Contributor

Problem with Aruba and Android devices

Hello Aruba community.

I have a Aruba3200 controller, and a 125 Access point.

I have laptops, iOS and Android based phones and tablets, and for some very annoying reason, two Android tablets are having issues with the network.

I have good signal strength, but sometimes, the network just doesn't respond. Webpages stops loading, mail isn't syncing and so on. And the only thing that works, is to disable wifi, and enable it again. This makes the network respond again. 

Is this something you guys have encountered before?

MVP

Re: Problem with Aruba and Android devices

I've had some interesting problems with Android devices in the past as well. I connected to a 802.1x network with WPA2 Enterprise TLS credentials and I received authentication errors after saving the login information. I've also experienced slowness and connection drop problems. I've used Apple OS devices and Windows OS devices on the same network with no connection or authentication problems.

Thank you.

Michael Haring | AIS Consultant
Architecture and Implementation Solutions
Optiv Security Inc. | www.optiv.com
Contributor I

I have run into the same issues before with Android tablets.  But each case I've had the issue seems to be with the devices them selves. The network is working fine for other types of clients (iPhone, iPad, Windows7, Win Xp, etc).  Usually, after wasting a lot of time fussing around with Android device settings I have had to give u. 

I wonder if this is only an Aruba v.s Android compatibility issue or if it's there is something in the AOS configuration what can be tweaked for Android?

New Contributor

Some additional details,

The Android devices work fine when used on other wifi networks.

Also, I can switch between 2,4ghz and 5ghz on the tablet and it makes no difference, each time I switch between them Wifi works for a few minutes, then it starts dropping.

Specifically, we have over four Google Nexus 7 at the office, and only one is presenting the issue, as well as my own Nexus 10.

I tried using client debugging in the Aruba interface, but that didn't seem to collect any data?

Guru Elite

We need more information.  What type of encryption are you using and what version of Android?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Encryption is WPA2-PSK, and Android is version 4.2.2

Guru Elite

Are these the only devices that you have problems with?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Yes, 

I have two theories, 

One, both the devices has a different wifi module than the others, and is somehow incompatible with the Aruba in some way.

Two, the two devices doesn't support the channels selected or similar, also due to different wifi module than the other Androids.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: