Wireless Access

Problem with MAC randomly disconnecting from WIFI

Hello

We have got a client we has a lot of Mac devices we have a lot of report of o mac users disconnecting from wifi randomly... we have seen that those users got the lastest update from apple i mean OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

We still yet dont see any report from other mac os.  We can see on the airwave that there are a lot of students with other older mac os that are not reporting about this.

Has anyone encounter this issue with the lastest firmware or something similar?

The client didnt have problems on june when student left from their vacations

The only work we did was putting another controller in HA but the RF  or SSIDs configuration did not change.

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Highlighted

Re: Problem with MAC randomly disconnecting from WIFI

we also updated to 6.5.4.7 code

Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

How long has this problem been happening?  Were there any changes before they reported issues?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hello Collin

This have been happening after the studends came again from vacations

on their vacations i did the fallowing

We had one master controller and 2 locals

one of them was a 7210

We convert that to a master

the client bough a new 7210 and we put that in master, master stand by with vrrp

Then we upgraded from 6.4.4.14 to 6.5.4.7

On clearpass we got single sign on with office 365 that was already working  and they had one clearpass  on 6.6

We upgraded this to clearpass 6.7 and then to 6.7.3 and added the other clearpass as subcriber added a vritual ip 

Thats about it.

I dont think its a problem int he clearpass as i dont see any error on the access tracker(the users that logged with office 365 use mac caching)

It seems its a problem on the controller and it only happens with MACs.. we have no reports from windows users.

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp

If this is something you can replicate, you should try capturing 802.11 frames using a Macbook, or equivalent device that can set it's wireless adapter in monitor mode, on the same channel and see what is being sent prior to the disconnect.

You can also check the "show ap client trail-info" command in the controller servicing the APs and see if anything stands out or lines up with reported drops. 

I've had users report dropped wifi (not on Macbooks) and a majority of the alerts showed "STA has left and disconnected", which means the end device sent a disassociation frame to the AP. That becomes a device issue and not a wifi issue.

Michael Haring
If my answer is helpful, a Kudos is always appreciated!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: