Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi

Hi, 

The APs and controller are connected to switch by wire, my laptop also is connected by wire to the same switch. APs and laptop have valid IP 4 address received from W-3200. When I connect my mobile phone to WiFi served by APs, I receive valid IP 4 address from the same pool.

Now... I can successfuly using internet from my laptop, but not from mobile phone. When I wirte any internet web site into browser, I receive error message "Web authentication is disabled. Please contact the administrator for assistance". The internet address has changed, and now I have "https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/auth/cp_disabled.html"

What I have to set to have access to internet from devices connected to wifi?

Mariusz

Aruba Employee

Re: Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi

I think the user is on logon role. Change the user-role to "authenticated" or a role that doesn't any any captive portal ACLs. 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP

Could you tell me. where to change this? 

Unfortunatelly, I'm just teaching aruba products and wireless networks, I chave only expirence with simple Wifi router for home use.

I've created "myVirtualAP" profile under Advanced services -> All Profile Management -> Wireless LAN -> Virtual AP Profile"

I've created "mySSID" profile under Advanced services -> All Profile Management -> Wireless LAN -> SSID Profile ", where I choose WPA2-PSK + AES, set password and choose "PSK Passphrase"

I've created "MyGroup" under Configuration->AP Group. Here I assigng "myVirtualAP" and "mySSID", and under "AAA Profile" I choose "default-dot1x-psk". Here I see Initial role "logon", but the editbox is grayed and not accesible.

May I ask you to help me with proper settings, to make internet available ftom mobile devices?

Mariusz

Aruba Employee

Hi,

You would be able to change the initial role under - - Configuration - Authentication - AAA profiles.

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent

Sent from Nine
Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP

Thanks,

Mariusz

Search Airheads
Showing results for