Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi

Posted Mar 29, 2016 08:13 AM

Hi, 

The APs and controller are connected to switch by wire, my laptop also is connected by wire to the same switch. APs and laptop have valid IP 4 address received from W-3200. When I connect my mobile phone to WiFi served by APs, I receive valid IP 4 address from the same pool.

Now... I can successfuly using internet from my laptop, but not from mobile phone. When I wirte any internet web site into browser, I receive error message "Web authentication is disabled. Please contact the administrator for assistance". The internet address has changed, and now I have "https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/auth/cp_disabled.html"

What I have to set to have access to internet from devices connected to wifi?

Mariusz

• 2.  RE: Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2016 08:18 AM

I think the user is on logon role. Change the user-role to "authenticated" or a role that doesn't any any captive portal ACLs. 

• 3.  RE: Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi

Posted Mar 29, 2016 08:38 AM

Could you tell me. where to change this? 

Unfortunatelly, I'm just teaching aruba products and wireless networks, I chave only expirence with simple Wifi router for home use.

I've created "myVirtualAP" profile under Advanced services -> All Profile Management -> Wireless LAN -> Virtual AP Profile"

I've created "mySSID" profile under Advanced services -> All Profile Management -> Wireless LAN -> SSID Profile ", where I choose WPA2-PSK + AES, set password and choose "PSK Passphrase"

I've created "MyGroup" under Configuration->AP Group. Here I assigng "myVirtualAP" and "mySSID", and under "AAA Profile" I choose "default-dot1x-psk". Here I see Initial role "logon", but the editbox is grayed and not accesible.

May I ask you to help me with proper settings, to make internet available ftom mobile devices?

Mariusz

• 4.  RE: Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2016 08:58 AM
    Hi,

You would be able to change the initial role under - - Configuration - Authentication - AAA profiles.

Thanks,
    Rajaguru Vincent

Sent from Nine

• 5.  RE: Problem with internet access from mobile phone connected to wifi

Posted Mar 29, 2016 09:16 AM

Thanks,

Mariusz