Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with missing client-statistics on Aruba Instant cluster

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problem with missing client-statistics on Aruba Instant cluster

Posted Apr 29, 2013 01:37 PM

Using Airwave 7.6.3.

We have a "remote" Aruba Instant cluster with some 25-30 IAP-105. The cluster works fine and has the very latest firmware manually updated with software from the support site (ver. 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.0_38115).

Problem: We don't see correct client-stats at all, once in a while we see 2-3-5 users connected and little to no actual statistics for the "clients" connected - when we look at them in Airwave. (doing the "drill-down" on the clients MAC adress).

Loggin on to the clusters GUI reveals 90-100 users - and hence the stats we get on Airwave is all wrong.

What could we be missing here ?

Regards

Ken

• 2.  RE: Problem with missing client-statistics on Aruba Instant cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2013 04:52 PM

7.6.3 was release before IAP FW 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.0 was released.  This means AirWave might not have the right MIBs to track down newer or changed values.  That said, I'll have to try to replicated this to confirm the behavior.

• 3.  RE: Problem with missing client-statistics on Aruba Instant cluster

Posted Apr 30, 2013 05:12 AM

We had the same problem before upgrading the Instant cluster... :smileysad:

• 4.  RE: Problem with missing client-statistics on Aruba Instant cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2013 10:23 AM

Are all these remote clients wireless?  Are any clients wired?

I'll have to double check with out QA group, but I haven't run into any issues with client count not matching for IAPs.  Can you please open a support case for this?  I'd like more details on the design of the deployment so that I assist further, support should be able to collect the data I need (especially the template you're using for you IAPs).

• 5.  RE: Problem with missing client-statistics on Aruba Instant cluster

Posted Apr 30, 2013 10:30 AM

It is a "remote cluster" in the sense that our Airwave have no direct access to their network. The Instant cluster has one open port from their network -> our Airwave server (1 firewall port is open) - I understand the connection between Instant and Airwave as a single SSL tunnel. But maybe I am wrong ? Our technical personel will open a ticket soon.

Thanks