Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Problem with setting up controller based AP as Survey AP

Hello, 

I am trying to configure an Aruba AP205H with a "survey" SSID that will transmit as long as the ap is receiving proper POE. I have followed the instructions in this cookbook , but am still having isses. 

When the ap is plugged into a port that allows it go get a valid IP it will transmit the SSID. When the AP is plugged into just POE with no internet connectivity the AP will not tansmit the SSID. I consoled into the device to see what was going on and noticed that the AP will boot, look for an IP address which will not happen and then the AP will reboot over and over while it tries to find an IP. Is there something that I am missing to make this AP brodcast the SSID?

I appreciate any help I can get. 

Guru Elite

Re: Problem with setting up controller based AP as Survey AP

You need to configure it with a static ip address, default gateway and subnet mask.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you Colin, 

I have assigned a static ip address, default gateway and subnet mask and am one step closer to being complete. The only problem that I am having now is the SSID is not displayed. I am going to look at my config and do a little more investigating and post what I think the issue is. 

Thank you for your quick respone.

Christopher 

Guru Elite

Give it a static ip address (the same one it had before, and point the master-ip to be the controller.  Plug it in, and let it find the controller once, so that it can store the SSID in the flash of the AP.  After it connects to the controller and broadcast once, it should be ready after that.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you for that recommendation. 

I made the changes and it is now up and running. Thank you both for all your help. 

Christopher 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: