Wireless Access

Super Contributor I

Problems in cluster

Hi guys,

I have recently set up a cluster of Instant APs. I lost connection with VC, I don't know the reason. When I got connection again, the following message appear by CLI:

a8:bd:27:cc:9a:d2# show log system

Jan 1 08:09:07 KERNEL(a8:bd:27:cc:9a:d2@172.17.12.19): [ 559.175726] aruba_change_channel 667 Waiting for VAP INIT to complete
Jan 1 08:09:09 KERNEL(a8:bd:27:cc:9a:d2@172.17.12.19): [ 561.587753] aruba_change_channel 667 Waiting for VAP INIT to complete
Jan 1 08:09:12 KERNEL(a8:bd:27:cc:9a:d2@172.17.12.19): [ 563.993751] aruba_change_channel 667 Waiting for VAP INIT to complete

And it doesn't stop and keep appearing. Right now the master is AP 172.17.12.19.

What does it mean? What command can I issue to see why I lost connection with VC?

Regards,

Julián

Regards,
Julián
Super Contributor I

Re: Problems in cluster

Hi guys, Any idea? Regards, Julián

#AirheadsMobile

Regards,
Julián
Super Contributor I

Hi guys, Any idea? Regards, Julián

#AirheadsMobile

Regards,
Julián
Guru Elite

We don't have enough information to understand what is going on here.  Did this work at one time?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor I

Hi Colin,

I set up a new cluster of 17 IAPs yesterday. After the SSIDs where created and the WLAN was steady, at some point I lost connection with the master AP and VC. After a few minutes I got connection again with the VC (then in another AP acting as a master), but when I accessed the WebUI I realized there were no SSIDs at all, and the only SSID was the "instant". I had to create the SSIDs again. I wonder if there is any command or debug to show the logs about what happened yesterday and why. Customer is asking for that and I don't know if it will happen again.

Regards,

Julián

Regards,
Julián
Guru Elite

If by accident an AP that had "preferred master" configured is introduced into an existing cluster, it will take over the cluster and overwrite the configuration.  You should make sure that AP that is the VC does not have "preferred master" configured.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor I

Hi Colin,

Thanks. What about the log message?

a8:bd:27:ca:78:4e# show log system

Jan 2 03:09:16 KERNEL(a8:bd:27:ca:78:4e@172.17.12.27): [68967.636740] aruba_change_channel 667 Waiting for VAP INIT to complete

It keeps appearing.

Julián

Regards,
Julián
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: